Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiuske's Backstory

Go down

Shiuske's Backstory Empty Shiuske's Backstory

Post by artisto16 (Shiuske) Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:18 am

The early years:

Born into the Lotus Clan, Shiuske led a rather simple and posh lifestyle. He mostly kept to himself, spending most of his time reading books and studying. While this was a saught-after trait among most elven children, Shiuske unfortunately had a more unhealthy obsession with learning and obtaining knowledge. He didn't seem to care about interacting with the members of his clan properly, and never quite gained the social skills that a high elf would learn. Also, the vast knowledge that Shiuske had was rarely put to use as he did not interact much with the world outside his clan. This led him to be very intelligent, but also very naieve.

The coming of age:

As Shiuske began his young adult years, he still lacked the essential traits and characteristics that defined most high elves of the Lotus Clan. His potential for elemental magic and the arcane arts far exceeded his peers, and his capacity for knowledge was well above average, but all this continued to be wasted. Shiuske felt safe, and feared fighting, yet he'd often fantasize about being powerful. While only battling with his fellow clan members and never knowing real competition, Shiuske was unable to improve in spite of his desire to be great. Regardless, his desire to be safe outweighted the fantasy of being the greatest wizard.

The day finally came, and the clan had to make a tough choice. While Shiuske did nothing wrong, it was decided that he would be banished. He still doesn't truly know the reason he was kicked out of his clan, as there could be many reasons. Maybe wasted potential was the reason. Maybe he was being punished for the cold and indifferent manner in which he treated outsiders and other elves like the Crane Clan members. Maybe the dark history of the Lotus Clan is more than just a legend and he was exiled to keep a possible latent evil within himself from overtaking the Lotus Clan. Well, it's was definitely the lost potential that did it. Regardless, Shiuske was sent on his way, and he doesn't know if and when he can return to the clan. At least they sent him off well stocked with a lot of money and goods to get by.

The journey begins:

Unsure of what to do, Shiuske decided to stick to a few rules: Don't go at it alone, don't show off magic to strangers as that may create jealous enemies, make an effort to be nice to any seemingly kind person, and keep studying since knowledge is power.

"I found myself in a tavern with a bunch of others. I was hoping to just blend in, but I'm clearly dressed better than these people in here, I'm so out of place. Thankfully no one is paying much attention to me. As I stand there, this huge hulking figure standing beside me just wiped his nose on my fine robe! As I look, I see he too is an elf, one of the Dragon Clan. Why must my own kind do such a thing? He looks like he can easily break me like a twig, so I hold my tongue and try to discretely clean my robe. Perhaps one day my magic can overtake his strengeth, and he'll bow down to me. Does he even notice me? Does anyone even notice me? This outside world is strange!"

"There was someone there asking for help, but not many were willing to accept the task. He looks like he's an elf, maybe I should help him. Ah, looks like the big guy accepted the request, along with a few others. Well, I'll join in too, perhaps this Dragon Clan warrior can repay me for his insolence by keeping me safe.... yeah, he wouldn't be afraid of my magic, and I'm sure he'd help a fellow elf... did he even notice me yet? and that he used me as a tissue? Regardless, something is telling me to stick with this guy. Maybe the Lotus Clan will take me back if I can unite them with the other clans. Yeah, they'll take me back if I can get in good with the Dragon Clan. Alright, I'll join this big elf to help this other elf in need."
artisto16 (Shiuske)
artisto16 (Shiuske)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum