Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A visit from Illithor Trissys

Go down

A visit from Illithor Trissys Empty A visit from Illithor Trissys

Post by Admin Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 pm

The characters are sitting around the fire spending one final warm night in the relative safety of Maru's Ruins. The wisps of smoke in the fire suddenly seem to slow down and freeze in mid air. The dull sound of the crackle of fire is caught in a loop and repeats itself for a moment or two before it stops completely. A knock on the heavy oaken door breaks the silence and suddenly the all is as it was. There is no need to guess who has come to the door at such a late hour. The Ancient elven mage Illithor Trissys is at the door, his flowing robes carrying in pockets of frost filled air into the room as he enters.

"You take a risk coming back here while the Suluth's thrall commands the garrison. While I have no doubt you could best the poor garrison I've no doubt that word has been sent to those who have sought you these last weeks. Still the road to Shattered bridge is not as well traveled as in the past, no doubt the saboteurs from Halgreb's legions will slow word to the fiend... yet I would not linger here long."

After hearing the players intention to go to the tower he begins to chant. He waves his hand and the smoke from the fire slowly forms shadows illustrating the mage's next words.

"The young Lord Yojeong has oddly wintered the Dragon clan army in the shadow of the so called Dark tower and yet no camp can been seen. I see tortured and lost souls roaming the night. I see twisted Kami lurking in the woods. Even the path to Everspring is barred. These are things that ahave happened and yet are still happening now. Ahh, a royal talisman"

The smoke figures shows the boy lord Yojeong in full ceremonial armor with a dragon pendant dangling from his neck. He is confronting a horned demon on a barren rock battlefield with bodies mounded and a battle raging around them. A faltering sound escapes from the boys lips..words of arcane power that none - save perhaps Shiuske or Trissys himself can comprehend. A blast of arcane energy buckles the demon but for a second and then its voice booms, "That shell will not last you long but will be a suitable host for Galwrath!" Yojeong is next seen struggling in iron chains painted in blood of his clansmen the remains of his army continues to fight in the background. The Demon is seen laughing over the defeated boy-lord as he struggles and then turns and stares through the fabric of reality directly into the room, it roars at the sage Illithor "BEGONE." and the smoke dissipates, The mage is visibly shaken.

The voice was strangely familiar to Saito....An impossible name comes to mind "Dark Sora"

Illithor gathers the energy to speak. " I did not know Yojeong studied wizardry, while impressive the fool should have studied harder. The servants of Galwrath are not to be taken lightly and marching into the endless abyss is madness. That the beast could see us means the gate in the watchtower is open. We have very little time, while in the abyss an eternity passes between each new moon as soon as the boy breaks we will all be in jeopardy. The infernal forces are long scheming but slow to react." He pulls a bag of silvered powder from his robes. "Seal the portal, close the door."

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down