Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 14th 630pm

2 posters

Go down

October 14th 630pm Empty October 14th 630pm

Post by Admin Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:18 am

I think our current schedule puts the next game day on the 14th.

I believe that we will begin at Uversprin (Wajano's glade.) I believe you need to cover about 18 Leagues (~54 miles)  to get to the Black tower. Winter will make the journey at half speed.

travel rules refresher

Note also that due to the extreme cold DC 10 (+X per day of exposure) or gain a level of exhaustion that cant go away until you long rest in a warm environment. (x is equal to 1 plus the exhaustion level.) So a forced march through the extreme cold can lead to a decidedly un-heroic end.

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

October 14th 630pm Empty Re: October 14th 630pm

Post by Liqcrys Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Okay, so per the travel rules, we can travel approximately 18 miles per day at a slow pace. That pace will not exhaust us. So that puts us three days out from the tower, less if we want to risk exhaustion and (Possibly) death. That correct?

Liqcrys
Liqcrys

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 am

Not exactly. Movement rates assume normal terrain. With the winter storms we are assuming half movement. So moving at a slow pace (using stealth during travel) will take twice as long to cover that distance. Moving longer than 8 hours in a day adds distance at the cost of possibility of exhaustion based on hours of travel. This is apart from the potential exhaustion received from the extreme cold. Note that in the absence of winter gear you check for exhaustion every hour rather than every day but I think we can assume everyone has appropriate (Dry-warm clothing)

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Liqcrys Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 am

So to travel there "safely", meaning not risking exhaustion, we'll be limited to 8 hours of travel per day and a pace of about 9 miles per day. So 6 days travel from Üversprin to the tower. And most likely at least 6 days back. Gonna need a lot of food.
Liqcrys
Liqcrys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum