Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning from home

2 posters

Go down

A warning from home Empty A warning from home

Post by Admin Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:53 pm

While discussing plans in the tower with Kristoff he glances at the unfurled maps on his desk and cries Oh I almost forgot!

He hands a wax sealed scroll to Shiuske. "A Plainsman said a fey drake (a butterfly winged fairy dragon about the size of a small dog) dropped this scroll on a warren and asked that it be given to the lord's wizard. He knew somehow it was meant for you. In all the excitement I forgot of it."
The wax seal is that of Shiuske's family.  You break the seal and real the letter written in familiar script:

Dearest Brother,
I hope this finds you well though from all the clamor we have heard of your doings how could you not?  The call has gone out for warriors to join the Dragon clan to drive the warbloods legions back across the sacred river. More fanatics meeting fanatics I hope you are staying out of such things. The council  was meeting to decide how many warriors to lend to the cause and my friend  Yuko who serves as apprentice serves tea in their chamber. She says that the council  mentioned you and they believes you have advanced to mastery of the fourth circle!  How can this be? Do you have many apprentices?   If true I think you qualify to sit as a master on the council!
As eager as I am to see you again and hear of your exploits, I wanted you to know that Yuko also says the council were also discussing the cost of the Kariudo! She tends to get carried away but if true you must be wary! I know you have always proclaimed that someday your mastery will rival those of any house but the Witch hunters are not to be taken lightly.  Please be watchful of any soldiers who come to aid  in the coming battle, the Kariudo may be among them.

Your affectionate sister,
Hinata

The letter's edges begin to glow and it crumbles into ash and is carried away on a breeze.

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A warning from home Empty Re: A warning from home

Post by artisto16 (Shiuske) Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm

[Shiuske feels a huge wave of joy and relief as he reads this letter from home, which quickly turns to embarrassment when he realizes Hinata is describing the wanted posters. Well, at least they recognize some greatness.]

Hey Kristoff? When did you receive this? Please say it was recent...
artisto16 (Shiuske)
artisto16 (Shiuske)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm

"While you were off collecting Saito... Perhaps a tenday? No more. You seem ill at ease, foul tidings from your homelands? "

((Kariudo are clan-less witch hunters sometimes hired by a clan's mage council to eliminate arcane risks in their clans. High elven sorcerers or warlocks are frequently targets because they pose a threat to the influence a mage's council holds in the clan structure. That you are entitled to the title "Master of the fourth circle" your power is sufficient to threaten the position of several of your clan's council members. ))

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by artisto16 (Shiuske) Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm

"Oh good, so they are safe now (and not just from 5 to 6 years ago).

Kristoff, my sister warns me that my clan may be sending Witch Hunters after me as they think I may have grown too powerful and pose a threat. First they banish me for being too weak, and now they send hunters for being too strong. Their own fear will bring about the very result that they wish to prevent, which is me influencing and overtaking the magic council.

Be not afraid of these hunters, nor fear for my safety. I have strong friends who are willing to fight to the death both for me and with me!"

[Shiuske feels even more determination to become stronger in the arcane arts, and one day lead the magic council after returning to his clan.]
artisto16 (Shiuske)
artisto16 (Shiuske)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum