Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designed for the gods

Go down

Designed for the gods Empty Designed for the gods

Post by varisik Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 am

Designed...for the Gods

The stonework was flawless. Sharp, crisp edges, with long smooth walls of obsidian, merged perfectly with white marble. Two dwarves, standing a hundred feet away looked on as hundreds of their clan worked on late into this afternoon.

"Bain gondram!" One spoke softly but proudly.

This ancient dwarf, adorned in some of the finest plate armor, stood on the edge of the hill, overlooking the west side of this valley of men. The nearby settlement, contained humans mostly, with many of his own kin and other goodly races though the dwarves were only there as artisans and laborers building this fine temple.

"Indeed my friend, bain gondram." He said addressing the stout figure beside him.

"Beautiful craftsmanship of stone blending, I e'r seen. She'll last twenty lifetimes...elvish lifetimes." His companion said.

"I think it is almost as fine as that plate you wear...all the time." He smiled as he said this, "It was your great grandfather's correct? His best work or at least the toughest. I swear I've struck you a hundred times and still, not a mark on an inch of it." He continued, "The obsidian, truly makes the marble stand out, like the cleft of this paldron, jutting out at just the right angle, creating a shadowed effect. Yet the marble, so stark, will shine down to the water from the heavens. 'Tis a shame we're not using it, a waste of good stone if you ask me."

"It's for their god afterall. What are they calling it? Marble hall?"

"No not marble, Whitehall."

varisik

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum