Wyverndale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Player FAQ

Go down

New Player FAQ Empty New Player FAQ

Post by Admin Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Can I play an....?

The only currently allowed races for PCS are in the PHB with the following modifications:

Half Orcs are reskinned to be Spirit-touched humans. Orcs are not a hybridizable option.
High elves (Eladrin) are Lawful (to a high degree) and follow a hierarchical and socially stratified culture around clans and Honor, they venerate ancestral spirits and the magic spirits inherent in the natural world. Wood elves (those savages) are more aligned as your classical d&d elf.
Half-elves are any human with elvin (or fey) ancestry and show traits as outlined in the PHB. After a few generations most elven traits are recessive. It is entirely possible for Two- "humans" to have a half-elf child.

Only PHB class options are allowed for New Characters unless the specifics are worked out in advance.

What backgrounds are available?

Please make an Adventurer. You should have some idea why you would want to be an adventurer and in the party. Use of the bonds, flaws and background rules are important drivers in PC character arcs and should be given at least as much consideration as "Character builds."

Can I be Evil?
The game is there to be enjoyed by everyone. Your character's perspective should be well thought out and developed. That said, every character (PC or NPC) is presented the same to each of the other players. If your attitude and actions are such that the other characters would shun your PC the social construct of the game may not shield your character from being dropped from the party (and becoming an NPC.)PVP isn't encouraged or necessarily discouraged but I'm not interested in running a fight club.

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

New Player FAQ Empty Re: New Player FAQ

Post by Admin Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:28 pm

I want to play ....(previous PC or character from another game or media.)

I strongly encourage you to rethink that choice. I do not run forgotten realms and importing characters from other genres may lead to significant disappointment when your expectations of how that character performs in other circumstances is different in the context of Wyverndale.

Admin
Admin

https://wyverndale.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum